Saturday, May 17, 2008

I have sinned

Ok, well maybe my lack of blog updates isn't one of the seven deadly sins, but I definitely have not been writing like I should have.

When i find something new that I'm interested in, I always dive in head first without thinking. It's how I have always been. Just no holds barred, balls to the wall, jump right in. The aftermath involves me over analyzing every decision, every move I've made, every thought I've had. and I hate it. For once I want to not worry about the outcome... and now I'm digressing. Back to diving in head first-

I absorb myself so much into this new thing, that I drastically reduce the time I have for other interests. I am terrible at calling people back. I almost forgot my mother's birthday. I don't see my friends like I should. I really need to work on getting better at balancing my time.


a side note- we finally got Internet at the house, but I am still sans computer, so unless I update via my sidekick, these posts will probably be few and far between.



second side note- I find it hilarious that when I post in this blog, I write as though I assume people will read it. Or maybe I'm just writing to myself. Like writing a letter and mailing it to myself to read at a later date.


I really love my new apartment. I saw Adam last night for the first time in 6 months. I showed him the house. He didn't say much, but I can assume his lack of excitement wasn't because of the apartment itself, but just the awkwardness between us. I'll talk more about him later...

I love having a house. I love having a driveway, and a front porch. I love that I have to take out the garbage and mow the lawn. I want to plant a garden. I figure, seeds can't be too expensive, and our water is free, so the only REAL cost is just the labor involved. The thought of only having to go outside to pick a green pepper excites me. I don't know anything about plants, and I don't know if it's even the right time of year to plant them, but I guess I can figure that out by trial and error.



I would write more, but I'm at work, and the show ended, and now I get to go pick up the stage towels - one of my favorite parts of the night, second only to picking up the shower towels at the end of the night.

I'll write more soon.

xo
Jess

No comments: