Monday, June 2, 2008

Neglect

My dog chews everything.

She poops on the floor while my roommate and I are at work.

Today she chewed birth control pills.

I was really worried, because I'm at work, and I'm about to find out if I'm getting a promotion or not, and I was afraid I would have to leave and jeopardize that, but I love my dog so much, it would have been my only choice. Luckily the vet said she should be fine. And Nichole is home.

But she still poops on the floor when we're gone.

And she still chews up everything.

And I know that it's because I am not home as much as I should be to give her the attention she needs, and the thought of that makes me want to cry, because I don't ever want her to be lonely. I think it's the same way a child acts out and misbehaves in order to get attention from neglecting parents.



Am I being a neglectful parent?



All I know is that right now I just want to go home and rub her little tummy.




I've been at work since 8am today. It's now 8:49 pm. The show is over at 10:35. I hope to be home by midnight, but I doubt if that will actually happen.



Today my friend called me and asked if I'd seen the new Weezer video, and I hadn't, so I of course youtubed it immediately. If you haven't seen it, I suggest you go check it out. It made me laugh a lot. Also, being on the phone with my friend made me laugh a lot. I don't get to hear his voice as much as I would like. I'm also pretty terrible at keeping in touch with people, so it's mostly my fault I'm sure. That's the case with a few of my friends, and It makes me feel like a bad friend.



Am I a bad friend AND a neglectful mother?



I know I'm neither of those things. At least I hope so... Maybe I'm just trying to convince myself.

2 comments:

sonya ina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sonya ina said...

I highly suggest crate training your dog. How old is she? That will determine how long you can keep her in her crate.

I was completely against crate training because my parents never did it when I was a kid growing up with dogs, but if you aren't home all the time, or the majority of the time, it's SUPER helpful. Ben and I crate trained Eegor and he freakin' loves his crate. We actually call it his house. We feed him in there so he automatically associates it with a good thing, and he also sleeps in there. Plus, it's a good way to potty train, if your dog is not yet fully trained. They never go in their crates because it's against their nature to soil their own beds. Therefore, you can teach her how to hold it when you aren't around.

I hope that helps!