Monday, April 21, 2008

Breathe in. Exhale.

If ever you're stressed out, put on "Dry the Rain", by the Beta Band.

Just now, as I was about to pull out my hair, I put this song on. (anyone who's ever seen High Fidelity, you might remember when John Cusack puts this song on, the effect it has on the patrons of the record store)

Anyhow, for this 6 minutes and 5 seconds, I will take a deep breath, relax, and write about what I wanted to write about instead of venting about nonsensical bullshit that has no relevance to you, or me, or even life in general. I need to relax. I need this to be my mantra for the summer. I don't want to end up like my mom, stressed out all the time. I want to be calm, happy, and worry-free.

*deep breath*


I am moving into my new apartment on wednesday. I've had a lot of offers for help, which is awesome. I am only one small person, and I can only carry so much. Plus I don't think my bed will fit in my little 4 door Saturn. I'm moving in with Nichole, and I think it will go well. I have had a problem with my past few roomates, and I can't help but start to think maybe the problem is me. Maybe I'm too picky, but I don't know, so I won't dwell on it.

I got a new job at this bar/restaurant in Tremont, called Southside. I got the job last night. I start today. Wish me luck.

"If there's something inside that you want to say, say it out loud, it will be ok..."

man, this song is good. And it's also over.

it's funny, when I write I can only listen to certain music. It has to be music that my brain processes and likes, but doesn't focus on. Otherwise I lose my train of thought. I'm not very good at multitasking.

There are other things I want to write about, but I think if i write about it too soon, I'll jinx myself, so I'll save it for another day. Besides, I have a dog that needs to go for a walk, laundry that needs done, a bank that needs visited, dog food that needs to be purchased, packing, and then work.


xo
Jess

No comments: