Sunday, April 6, 2008

When the big hand strikes 12, I disappear

Today work was long. and I ran around. a lot.

I really can't complain though, because with my new puppy arriving in a week, I should be working now as much as possible. Ya know, so I have money to feed her.

I talked to my friend John today for a whole, oh I'd say 4 minutes or so. I have a few friends that live in other states whom I lose touch with every so often, but luckily, months can go by and we just pick right back up where we left off. John is not the friend that I ever "lose touch with". What happens is that John gets a girlfriend and then isn't "allowed" to talk to me, which I think is absolutely ludicrous. First of all, because I can't see any reason why any girl anywhere should tell her boyfriend who he can and cannot be friends with, UNLESS he is a total skeeze, and untrustworthy... in which case, why would you be dating him in the first place? Second of all, I'm honestly a little hurt that our friendship has to suffer. If I ever dated a guy who got all pissy when I talked to John on the phone, I would kick him right to the curb. My friends were here before you were, and they'll be here after you're gone. The fact that he is a guy and I am a girl doesn't mean we're going to sleep together. So LIGHTEN UP SHANNON! I WANT MY FRIEND BACK!

In all honesty, I would like to think "well if John is dating her, she HAS to be pretty awesome" but unfortunately, John has terrible taste in women and always picks the ones that treat him like shit.



ANYHOW


Today's warm weather put me in a good mood. Nichole and I went to look at an apartment before I went to work today. It wasn't perfect, but I think it might work. I think, at this point, we just want to find a place that is nice enough to live in for a year. It's really hard for me, because my previous apartments have all been so nice, that now I feel like I'm downgrading. I HATE looking for apartments, but I also don't want to settle, but I think, what if this is the best apartment we come across? What if we don't find anything better? Normally I wouldn't be in such a hurry to move out, but I'm picking up Lucy in a week, and my mom's house is not big. We already have a chocolate lab, and my cat (who stays in my room 90% of the time). In addition, my mom is getting a new puppy SOON. That's a lot of animals in a house that barely has enough room for the 4 people who live in it.

It's all just added stress that I don't want right now. My life honestly isn't all that stressful. I think I just make it that way.


Since I haven't written in a few days, I'll give a quick update of my weekend.

Friday I had dinner with Lo at Brandon's. He cooked for us and it was delicious. After dinner and drinks, we went to the Foundation Room at HOB to see Brooke DJ, and had some more drinks. and shots. Then Lo, Elise, Brandon and I met Nichole up at the Spitfire, and I had more drinks. and shots.

Saturday I did a lot of throwing up. I don't think my body was too happy with the way I treated it the night before. I barely made it to work, and I definitely threw up in the bathroom at HOB, but luckily after that I started to feel better and I managed to keep some Gatorade down. I got out of work late, and went home and passed out, exhausted.

Today I woke up, showered, looked at the apartment, and went to work. Collective Soul. I had been dreading working the show, but when I got to work I discovered my friend Dave from HOB in Anaheim (and also my friend John's "roommate... which leads to why I was cranky about John.. we talked about him a lot today) was working for the band. A pleasant surprise, and it's always nice to see a familiar face. It makes an otherwise mediocre day just a little better.

And that brings me to the present. I am tired, and I know I should be in bed already, but I keep telling myself I have plenty of time to sleep in tomorrow because I don't have to be at work until 4. Not to mention, at this hour, my brain for some reason refuses to turn off, so even if i did go to bed, I'd probably just lay there for an hour anyhow. I miss having someone to sleep next to. Falling asleep is just much easier when you have someone to cuddle with. It's been a long time since I got to cuddle. Hopefully my dog can suffice... at least for a while.

On that note, I'm going to go pet my cat, and listen to some Cat Power and try to fall asleep. Hopefully I have some good dreams tonight.


xoxo

No comments: