Monday, April 14, 2008

Love is all you need

Lately I've been feeling a little "down in the dumps" if you will. I'm not trying to throw a pity party for myself, I've just felt a little unwanted.

Let me tell you, that my new dog is probably the best thing that's ever happened to me. Her name is Lucy and she is incredible. I have someone who needs me, and depends on me. She likes when I'm around. It gives me something to love and focus my time on. The last two nights, I've come home, and completely forgot about my cell phone being in my purse. I wasn't sitting and checking it every 15 minutes to see if anyone called, because I was preoccupied with something more important. It's funny how soon you fall in love with an animal. I've only had her a couple days so far, and already I know I would do anything I had to for her.

On a side note, I read an adorable poem today that a friend of mine wrote, and it got me thinking... about all the poems, and lyrics out there. Millions of words about love, about despair, about hope, about lonliness... about a boy... about a girl. I wonder what it must be like to be the person all these amazing words were written about. Think about the most epic love song you know. Now imagine being the person that song was written about. It's very romantic, really.

Also - if any of you (that is, if anyone actually reads this thing) are a complete hopeless romantic like I am, please do yourself a favor and read Love in the Time of Cholera. I haven't seen the movie so I don't know how it compares, but the book is one of my favorites. It gives even the most hopeless of romantics some hope.

On that note, I have a chubby snoring machine to go cuddle with. goodnight.

2 comments:

sonya ina said...

Found your blog through your myspace... I want to see pics of Lucy! Dogs really are totally wonderful... Eegor is practically all I blog about, haha!

AJ said...

i actually do read your blog when i get the chance...found it through zach's, and started to read it because i noticed you are a 'kindred spirit'...i, too am just a romantic at heart...ugh...thanks for the book suggestion. i've been meaning to read that & i think now is the perfect time. keep livin' & lovin' girl! :)